For Immediate Release
Mark your calendar for the ASHRAE COVID-19 Task Force webinar on filters, Thursday, Feb 25th 12PM - 1PM.
With COVID-19 still circling like a vulture, it's no wonder that IAQ (Indoor Air Quality), air-cleaning and filters are en vogue. Everyone is talking about MERV ratings. But, what about MERV-A ratings? Do you know the difference? Find out at this informative lunchtime webinar Thursday, Feb 25th 12 PM - 1PM., where Fred Marshall and Jim Newman will be discussing this and other exciting topics in air-cleaning:
- How media filters really work and their efficacy against COVID-19
- ASHRAE 52.2 rating test procedure, including MERV and MERV-A filter ratings,
- Harmonization of ASHRAE 52.2 & ISO 16890, and when we can expect this to happen
- How other air-cleaning technologies (particularly UV-C, PCO, BPI and DHP) augment media filters
- Code implications when air-cleaning is used to reduce OA quantities
- 3rd party testing to verify the efficacy of air-cleaning technologies
Fred has over 30 years’ experience in the filtration industry and has worked for American Air Filter, Fiberbond Corporation and the Farr Company. For a brief time, he worked with a local filter distributor in Metro Detroit before starting two of his own companies, Air Filtration Concepts and Ventilation Technologies. AFC was a distributor and representative for Farr, FiberBond, and Filtration Group. VTI designed, manufactured, and installed their own Mist Collectors and Dust Collectors to the automotive industry. In 2003 the filter side of AFC/VTI was purchased by EXFil which was later purchased by Camfil. Camfil asked Fred to stay on as the Branch Manager. In his current role, in addition to supporting sales on the eastern side of Michigan, Fred educates customers and industry practitioners on filtration technologies.
Jim is an ASHRAE Distinguished Lecturer and a pillar of the green building design and sustainability community. Previously he owned a large manufacturer's representative firm. Today, he is the managing partner of Newman Consulting Group, where he uses his years of experience in design and manufacturing to help owners and facility managers improve the performance of their buildings. Frequently, he speaks across North America and around the globe educating lawmakers, industry practitioners and student groups on ways to improve building energy efficiency and IAQ. Jim is a Fellow of both ASHRAE and the Engineering Society of Detroit and an active member of the Joint MI ASHRAE Chapters COVID-19 Task Force, which has been helping various departments in the State of Michigan to develop guidance in responding to the pandemic.
- Thursday, Feb 25th 12 PM - 1PM
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/95304777630?pwd=cEJDTUxKWWhvajlQeGJKWW0vdWYwdz09&from=addon
- Meeting ID: 953 0477 7630
- Passcode: 3aSvHz