You can use these facts to impress your dinner guest this Turkey Day!
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird, not the eagle.
- American's eat 46 million turkeys each Thanksgiving.
- Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin's first meal in space after walking on the moon was foil packets with roasted turkey.
- The heaviest turkey on record, according to the Guinness Book of Records, weighs 86 pounds.
- Californian's consume the most turkey in the U.S. on Thanksgiving Day!
- Female turkeys (called hens) do not gobble. Only male turkeys gobble.
- The average turkey for Thanksgiving weighs 15 pounds.
- Campbell's soup created green bean casserole for an annual cookbook 50 years ago. It now sells $20 million worth of cream of mushroom soup.
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy, Safe and Peaceful Thanksgiving Holiday!